Sunday, November 19, 2006

Musical Apple

My essay so far:
"Do we have a social responsibility to care for the mentally ill?
Yes."

... I'm a great writer, amn't I?
Seriously though, I don't think I'll do too badly with this assignment...
... Once I start it.
Which could be some time away.
Even though it was due last Monday, and I'll be handing it in on this Monday, if I have it done by then.

But yeah... I don't really remember yesterday... so I won't bother trying to write much about it.
I remember we had nachos and mother and I filled up a page with ideas for this essay.
I remember the nachos cause I love nachos.
I remember the assignment work because, believe it or not, for the first time I can ever remember, mother said something nice about me. And what's really surprising is that she said it now, after we've been so pissed at each other for the past... since... since a month or so before I got that fridge, whenever that was.
I talked for five minutes straight about one aspect of the question, and at the end she looked at me, and said, "You really are a smart girl, Caitlin."
And the first thing I said was, "Are you being sarcastic?"
Which shows how much it surprised me, because I hate asking that unless I'm really, really not sure.
But apparently she wasn't being sarcastic. So that was very, very strange. But good, I guess.

But yeah... t'day... rolled out of bed around eleven, got online and stayed there until about two o'clock, during which time I actually managed to out-pervert the King of Perverted-teenage-minds... No Lardo, not you, another perverted teenager =P
But yes, around two-twenty we went down to Phillip pool, cause it reopened on the first of this month, whatever month it is now.
That was pretty fun. I managed not to get burnt, which is always good. I actually managed to not get burnt, even though I lay in the sun for an hour or so with Aunty Adair, being lazy and absorbing heat.
But yeah... that was pretty good, got back, got changed, and went down to Woden with Freya and got MUSIC.
I got more music.
By 'got', I mean, I actually bought it.
I have the physical form of music, and I payed for it.
What a strange feeling...
But really, it was $20 for two RHCP CDs, Mother's Milk and What Hits?!, so I'm like, sure, Freya and I can go half-half and we can share both CDs.
Having heard all of What Hits?! and almost none of Mother's Milk, I can conclude that Mother's Milk is a way better CD. Why? Because a lot of What Hits?! was pretty shoddy. Bleh. But hey, twas cheap, and Mother's Milk looks pretty damn good.
I wanna hear Nobody Weird Like Me, Taste The Pain, Pretty Little Ditty, Sexy Mexican Maid, Castles Made of Sand, and yeah. The alright-sounding ones that I want to hear again from What Hits?! are Show Me Your Soul, Jungle Man, Hollywood, Catholic School Girls Rule, and maybe Knock Me Down.
But yeah... there's a lot of music on these discs... tis good, tis good...
And I saw all these CDs I wanted to get... there was Queen for $15 and Van Morrison for $15 and a Beatles CD with thirty songs on it for $20, and and and music...
Only I had like, no money.
And I always have like, no money.
But that reminds me, on the way down to Woden we passed my neighbour's house (No really... I was walking down my street and all of a sudden, there was this house, that is next to mine, and you know where it was? It was right there, next to my house. Seriously, it was.) and they're like, "Hey, wanna babysit on the first or second?"
and I'm like, "Yeah, why not, not like I have a social life."
and they're like, "Cool, we'll talk to you about money and stuff later. Oh, and do you and Freya wanna waitress at our party on the ninth?"
and Freya's like "Oooh!"
and I'm like, "Yeah, sounds cool."
and they're like, "Oh yeah, we'll pay you."
and I'm like, "Yay."
and Craig goes, "Yeah, we'll give you fifty cents and let the guests tip you."
and Vanessa goes, "Ignore him, never talk money with Craig, we'll negotiate about payment later.",
and Freya's like, "Yay!"
and I'm like, "Dude, you have a proper job already, why do you need more money?"
and she's like, "There is never enough money."
and I'm like, "Good point."
and we went to Woden.
Inhale.
Exhale.
And that is the conversation that means I may be getting payed to whack people over the head with trays of alcoholic drinks.
Maybe I have a different understanding of serving people than them...
Actually, there's another idea...
Heheh.
Heheheheheheheheh.
Double entendres ftw.
Hearts y'all.
Cause I felt like saying it.
=)

Man, my head is screwed.
All I've eaten today is milo and ice cream and a thingo of chips, so like, whoa. And like, yeah, that kinda Woot.
Which may account for the fact that I am fucking HYPER.
Hell yes.
^-^

But yes, in other news, my butt hurts.
Yay!
I am hyper!
Yayayayay!
Ooh, what was that word?
Yattaaaaaaaaa!!
Summin like that ;)

Gah, dude, falling off my seat, so much talent and so little to do but bounce and waste time like monkey toenails and Wheee!!!

Burp.

Several glasses of water and an itsy bitsy nap later...

Yeah, back to slightly more logical topics...
A couple of, shall I say, friends of mine, are pissed off at each other.
Part of me is pissed off at each of them for being pissed off at each other, because both of them are damn awesome, and have no reason to be fighting like they are.
Another part of me is seeing one of their sides more clearly than the other, because I've been in a similar position myself, and because the other person will not explain their side of the story, and in fact, refuses to talk about the whole shenanigans.
Yet a third, selfish part of me, is secretly punching the air and Yessss!ing, because the only time either of them really talks to me, is when they're not talking to each other.
So that's kinda confusing.
I'm trying to stay neutral, but I've known one far longer than the other. But then, the one I've known for less time seems to be telling more of the truth, and she's actually telling me what she says is going on, whereas the one I've known longer simply says "I don't want to talk about it" and shuts up about it, and changes the topic if I so much as mention in passing the other person.
So I'm kind of siding with the person I've known for less time's time... and still, being über-nice to the one I've known longer, because that person is impossible to be mad at, and in fact, impossible not to like.
So that's really sort of confusing.
And I probably made it even more confusing with the way I talk.
But hey.

A random trip out the window, dinner, dessert, a completed world issues assignment and a glass of pink milk later:
I am going to bed.
Hugs for everyone, now I am going to go lie down before I pass out in this seat.
Too-ra.
=)

2 comments:

The Giraffe Chick said...

Whos fighting now?

Caitlin said...

Nobody you know. A combination of friends of friends of relative's relatives and internet randoms.