Thursday, November 23, 2006

~Ineloquence and anger :: Are all we have~

Yawn, sigh, sleep.
Today... neh...
First class: Maths.
Test. I don't think I did too badly. A couple of things I wasn't sure whether I was doing right or not, cause I hadn't payed any attention when we were learning them, but I'm pretty much certain I passed, and got over 70%, probably.
Second class: Science.
Test. This one, not so good. I think I passed, but I'm not sure. I hope I did. And I have to do all those classwork thingies for tomorrow, bleurgh.
We had the last fifteen minutes or so to work on those assignments. Madeleine of course did nothing at all, and Jared wasn't there again, he hasn't been there for like, a week, so I tried to work, and got some stuff done, but I couldn't possibly finish it by the end of the lesson, which we had to. The teacher said people could come in at lunch to work on them, but no, Madeleine says she has other work she has to do at lunch.
"When's it due?"
"Friday."
"This is due today. Are you working with other people whose grades will also suffer if you don't do the work for those assignments?"
"Nope."
...*twitch*
Anyway, that assignment has now totally failed.
Recess was kinda boring. Only cause I don't remember it.
Outdoor ed longline was bleh. I was kind of working on this booklet thing that, if I finish it, would enable me to pass o.e., but I don't know any of it.
Lunch was pretty good, Toby and Rosalind and Stephen and Martin and I were sitting around, like we usually do, then Toby went off somewhere, and then the sprinklers randomly turned on, and there was one right near us, so Martin rescued Toby's bag and guitar, and the rest of us jumped up and moved away, and we were all standing there for a minute or so, watching everyone running around and being stupid with the sprinklers, when Martin randomly ran over and kicked the top off the nearest sprinkler, which made this huge jet of water shoot up, so we were laughing our heads off at this impromptu fountain, and these year nine kids were sticking their heads in it and stuff... eh, twas funny =P
World Issues we presented our assignment thing in, that was okay and didn't require any effort, so that was good.
Photography was a bludge, as always, but hey :P

I wanted something
That's purer than the water
Like we were
It's not there now
Ineloquence and anger
Are all we have
Like Saturn's rings
An icy loop around me
Too hard to hold
Lash out first
At all the things we don't like
Or understand
And it's beginning to get to me
That I know more of the stars and sea
Than I do of what's in your head
Barely touching in our cold bed
Are you beginning to get my point?
That all this fighting with aching joints
Is doing nothing but tire us out
And no one knows what this fight's about
The answer phone
The lonely sound of your voice
Frozen in time
I only need
The compass that you gave me
To guide me on
And it's beginning to get to me
That I know more of the stars and sea
Than I do of what's in your head
Barely touching in our cold bed
Are you beginning to get my point?
That all this fighting with aching joints
Is doing nothing but tire us out
And no one knows what this fight's about
It's so thrilling but oh so wrong
Don't have to prove that you are so strong
Cause I can carry you on my back
After our enemies attack
I tried to tell you before I left
That I was screaming under my breath
You are the only thing that makes sense
Just ignore all this present tense
We need
To feel
Breathless with love


And more words I can't make out.
Snow Patrol = love.
The only band that comes even near to having such good lyrics is RHCP, and everyone with any sense knows they're just awesome.
But still, Snow Patrol's lyrics... better than RHCP's. Tragic, but true. Chasing Cars, Shut Your Eyes, It's Beginning to Get to Me, Run... beautiful music, beautiful words. Eloquence, something I envy hugely. I love this music...

Yeah... anyway, drinking strawberry milk, and I scanned this random, semi-journal-entry-thing I wrote last night... It's not really a journal entry thing, it's not written in my diary, that ran out of pages, it's just a notepad's page of writing, but I thought I'd share it. It's just something I've been thinking about.
I'll upload it and stick it below when I remember.

In the meantime, I'm off.
*hugs*

Voila.

No comments: