Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Blog Of Teh Yesterdee

Becky was at school.
Apparently she called on Sunday to tell me she would be, and Freya neglected to pass on the message.
Freya fails as a secretary.
Yesterdee...
Lots of squealing and hugging in the morning at the discovery of Becky.
English, bleh.
Japanese, Becky and I filled out our year ten profile thingies... explanation is too much effort.
Recess involved talkativiness, etc.
Maths was retarded. I couldn't do the test properly cause squinting to read it (My glasses were broken yesterday, if you didn't know) was giving me the most retardified headache ever. But my math teacher says I can do it today, instead.
Lunchtime involved sitting behind the cricket pitch and Becky and I taking turns stealing Toby's hat and sunnies.
Science was fairly cewl. We got an in class assignment, but it actually looks really good. It's groupwork, which is normally a boo-boo for Caitlin, but I'm with Madeleine and Jared, who are awesome, so. It's not hideously boringly easy, but it seems reasonably simple, so that's good, too.
I dozed and talked to Becky through outdoor ed, which was super boring, as per usual.
Yeah... got home, mother yelled at me a bit cause dad had moved the arm of my glasses from where I'd left it, like that was my fault, but hey.
Went down to Wodenville and got the frame replaced. Took them ten minutes. Last time it took them like, a week and a half. But yeah, twas better this time.
Meh... computerededed for a while, got music, got kickelled off the computer by Freya...
Made dinner while trying to explain to mother that the AC cord for the laptop only actually provides power if you plug it in, and that yes, if you don't want to lose your work, you should turn it on at the powerpoint...
Bleh.
Nice dinner, anyway. Got that five minute spinach & cheese pasta stuff. Not even I can ruin that. Water, boil, pasta, boil, five minutes, drain, crushed tomato and herbs, instant yummy food.
But of course, Connor wouldn't eat it. Because he has no sense of taste, and refuses to eat anything green at all. Even if it tastes good. But at least he made himself some plain pasta and cheese, and more of the yumminess pasta for me.
I'm re-reading Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men. Awesome book. It's kind of aimed at like, twelve or thirteen year olds, a younger audience than the main Discworld series, though it is a book set in Discworld, apparently. I personally didn't notice that. But hey. Great book. Hilarious. I love Pratchett's style of writing and humour. And while The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is perhaps my favourite book ever, when it comes to how they're written, I prefer the style of the Discworld books. I've read... Pyramids, Soul Music, and three others I can't remember the names of right now. But they were good.
http://trashotron.com/agony/reviews/2003/pratchett-wee_free_men.htm
Eh, see? Somebody else spotted the fact that it could easily be set in simply a small village out in the middle of nowhere, rather than Discworld, neccesarily. The one thing I found odd was that the Nac Mac Feegle are basically Scottish (or so I'd assume, from the kilts, bagpipes, accents, and so forth), but they use the word 'eejit', which is Irish, so far as I know. But that's just something random I noticed. Possibly me being a tad too obsessive about words.
I want A Hat Full of Sky. Sequel to The Wee Free Men.
And
Oh.
Em.
Gee.
New book!
http://www.harpercollins.com/features/pratchettbooks/description.aspx?isbn=9780060890315
I want that one, too. Third book about Tiffany Aching.
Need book.
*twitch*
Bleurgh, must work.
I have like, a million topics I want to write huge long blogs about, so I'ma do that this afternoon on the laptop so I don't use all my internet time on it. Then when I get online I can copy-paste it from the flash drive. Coolness.
I's be's offski.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note to self:

Retardedness.