Friday, September 08, 2006

Space Pineapples

Whee hee, pineapple.
Heh, remembering this episode of Black Books - Manny gets all paranoid about it reaching 88 degrees, saying that if it does, something terrible will happen. This of course sparks Bernard's curiousity, and he does everything he can to get the temperature to 88. This includes things like putting the books in the oven in tin foil, so that Manny has to open it to get to them, convincing Manny that hot water bottles will make him cold, and giving Manny an incredibly warm jacket. When he gives him the jacket, he says something like,
"It's what the astronauts wear to keep them cool. It actually draws heat away from your body."
Manny replies, "I didn't know it was hot in space."
And Bernard says, "Of course it's warm in space! Where do you think we get pineapples from?"
Anyways, it's quite amusing.

Fifteen minuets - not a typo - to waste... Minuet in D, Minuet in C, Minuet in G... there aren't actually fifteen notes... I suppose I could use sharps an flats... but I doubt there are that many minuets. And now I have Minuet in D stuck in my head. Oh, hurrah. The ants were marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah, the ants were marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah.

Baaah! It's so boring with Becky away. Again. Grr... but now she's at her grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. It's my grandparents' 60th in April next year. And twas my parents' 18th in February. They were together for exactly two years before they were married, so 20 years for them. I'm pretty lucky, to have parents who still clearly love each other after twenty years. A lot of people I know have separated parents, or parents who argue all the time. Mine are still close, and cute together. They even still flirt, though subtley, but that's kinda traumatising.

Heh, my parents were match-made by my mother's sister and brother-in-law and my father's sister. My aunt and uncle needed their house house-sat while they were in Europe somewhere, and they first had mum organised to do it, then she decided not to, so they arranged for dad to do it, cause mother's sister was friends with father's sister, they rowed together, but then mother decided that she did want to housesit, and Adair and Nigel just figured they'd let both of them housesit... and it went from there. I don't want to think too much about it :P

My father is ten years and eleven days older than my mother. Some people freak out about that, but like... once people get to a certain age, they're all basically the same. *shrugs* Meh.

Anyway...

Boredom. I kind of finished the montage, but I don't want to print it till Becky's seen it and agreed with it or changed anything that she doesn't think is right, cause it's a groupwork thing.

Anyways. Five minutes or so left. I'm boreded. Therefore, running away times.
Buh byes.

No comments: