Thursday, September 07, 2006

Toe-Knuckle-Martian-Century

Ouch. Major toe-pain-age. Seriously, ouchness. My toe-knuckle is deciding that it would be a good idea to cause me as much pain as possible. And what I find vaguely amusing is that this random arthritis cream stuff mother put on it actually worked, ish. Gawd, I'm getting old o.o"
So I've practically finished this world issues assignment. It took about three hours. If I'd started earlier, it would've been done really quickly, and over with, but that's not the way I approach things. I poke at them, add and remove single sentences about once a day for two weeks, then, the day before it's due, I do the lot in a few hours.
It's just the way I work.

I've gone a little RHCP mad... like, more than before.
I like their almost-new stuff the most. Not their old-old-old stuff, and not really the latest album. I mean sure, it - Stadium Arcadium - is awesome, but Scar Tissue, Otherside, Can't Stop, By The Way, and The Zephyr Song are better for sittin' round and list'ning to, and just like... forgive my use of the word, but 'chilling'. Good music, good lyrics, just good for relaxing with.
Off the Stadium Arcadium album, though... on the first CD (Jupiter), I like Dani California, Snow, the chorus of Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, She's Only 18, Slow Cheetah, Strip My Mind, Wet Sand, and Hey. On the second CD (Mars), I like Desecration Smile, Tell Me Baby, Hard To Concentrate (kinda), 21st Century, She Looks To Me, Make You Feel Better, So Much I, Storm in a Teacup, We Believe, Turn It Again, and Death of a Martian. The lyrics at the end of Death of a Martian are messed up, 's great. I know what most of them are about, too... or some of them, actually.. My sister and I have this theory that Dani California is this idea of a girl, cause in By the Way, there's the line, "Dani the girl is singing songs to me beneath the marquee", and then there's Californiacation, and Dani California, and there's no way a real girl coulda lasted that long. I also thought it could be the writer's mother - "Getting born in the state of Mississippi, papa was a copper and my mama was a hippie". Cause that would lead nicely into Dani California being about his 'mama' and her hippieness. Just random thoughts, though. I like the feel from Strip My Mind, it's the perfect music to lie around to. Just lie round, chill, read, think, it's great. The songs on the second CD took a lot more getting used to. I liked Tell Me Baby and 21st Century from the beginning, but I had to listen to the others for a bit before I warmed to them. They're pretty cool, though. Storm in a Teacup has funny lyrics... I like Make You Feel Better, too, it's a happy-makey-song... "Somehow, we'll make it, cause that's what they do"

"Something out there, where love is your only friend"

Anyways... Music, man. Awesome. I've no idea how I'd survive without it. It makes me happy, makes me sad, relaxes me, gets me hyper, I'd feel so blank without it. Like, more than I do anyway...

I was talking to... I think it was Pheenix-girl-person... if it wasn't her, it was Melissa (who is also a new addition to the awesome list =P), but I think it was Pheenix, talking to one of them, and I said something like, "I love music; it's a distraction, and I live on distractions.", and I realised, yeah, I do. I don't really do anything. Everything I do that I enjoy is simply a distraction from what I should be doing. Talking to people, listening to music, reading, gaming, drawing... They're all just ways to escape from real life, and the crap I 'have' to do, like school. Perhaps it's because I have so little real substance in my life, but everything I ever do seems to be completely unnecessary... meh. It keeps me entertained, I suppose.

Anyway. That's basically what I'm doing now. If you take out reading, I'm making use of all my distractions at once. I'm only not reading cause my books're in the other room, and also cause if I read I do everything else too slowly, cause I get too involved in the book.

"I know you can
Straddle the atmosphere
A tiny storm in your teacup, girl
I know you can't
Battle the masses, dear
A tiny storm in your teacup"

Heh, so dodgy. Great, y'know.

"Pretty baby, time you're gonna take some
Pretty baby, love you're gonna make some
Little lady, hearts you're gonna break some
Kinda shady, tears you're gonna fake some"

Hah, great prechorus there. Kinda shady, tears you're gonna fake some. So me. Eh... >.> I'm so manipulative. And it's easier, cause I can make myself believe in whatever I'm saying. Twould make me a great lawyer, if I could be passionate about anything enough to be a lawyer...

"Harmonic Cacophony says: (12:34:30 AM)
What is it?

::Caitlyn::3::Teh Queen ::  :: Kinda shady, tears you're gonna fake some :: Temporarily RHCP-mad :: says: (12:34:51 AM)
Tell Me Baby. RHCP. I stole my sister's CD. 've gone slightly mad 

Harmonic Cacophony says: (12:35:00 AM)
Ah, Flea

::Caitlyn::3::Teh Queen ::  :: Kinda shady, tears you're gonna fake some :: Temporarily RHCP-mad :: says: (12:35:05 AM)
Yep yep.

Harmonic Cacophony says: (12:35:05 AM)
Yes, he's a very good bassist"

Aha. Dane says Flea is good. I'll just be taking that as conclusive evidence, then =P
Hehe.

I'm not sure which one it is, but in the lyrics booklet, there's a photo of one of them, with this bluey purpley background, and whichever one it is, he's totally hot. Hehe ^^;.
I know a lot of the songs, but I don't know much of the fan trivia. I think some of the only trivia I know is that I Could Have Lied, which I haven't heard, is about Sinèad O'Connor, who I also have a song by... One More Day; half English, half Gaelic. Awesomeity. Well, almost half-half. Both choruses are in English.

But yeah...
"Lots of love, just keep it comin'
Making something out out of nothin'"

Oh, man. These lyrics are so messed up. Sorta near-nonsense I spout out, it makes sense, if you know the train of thought between the words, but for me I think through things so quickly I only catch snippets of what's going through my mind, and they make very little sense on their own. 'spretty cool, though.

Anyway... I be offski'd. Farewell, my shoelaced arthritic pancakes.

No comments: