Saturday, September 16, 2006

Formal Strawberries

So I was planning on not leaving my room at all today. I wasn't even going to get up and have breakfast or come online. But mother had to go and spoil that. I suppose tis rather a gewd thing she did.

We went out with Trish and Kevin and their boarder Merina to see An Inconvenient Truth. Damn good movie. Yes, it's a documentary. Yes, it's by that random American politician. But damn, it's a good movie. Go see it. Seriously. If you don't, I'll have you killed. Just go see it. It's really compelling, it's got some very hard to ignore facts and figures, the senator guy is very persuasive and even rather likeable, as well as quite funny. Great movie, go see it. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but in Canberra it's showing at Manuka's Greater Union. They should be showing it at Hoyts, it'd get the message out further, but hey. It's worth the trip to Manuka.
After seeing that movie (You should see it. Go see it now. If you can't right now, book tickets online. Right now.) we went and got coffees, hot chocolates, juices and milkshakes, and sat around and talked about it. Everyone agreed it was a great movie. Which is why you should go see it.
Anyway, then Mother, Trish, Merina and I left Kevin to wander happily around Paperchain while we went... dum dum dum... formal dress shopping. Merina's in year twelve, so she was looking for a formal dress for her, and I, as you should know, am in year ten, and therefore also have a formal coming up. So yeah. We went to Momento, and gawd, the sales ladies, they spoil you as soon as you step through the door. All you can hear is "Yes, that really is gorgeous, it shows off your beautiful figure and delicate skin, and oh, that colour really brings out the blue in your eyes, which are lovely by the way, and...". It's the sort of thing you come away from giggling and smiling. Once we got away from the shop, though, it was back to being sarcastic and cynical. Joyous joy. =P

So yes, that was my expedition to Manuka... Anyways... got back, lounged for about ten minutes, then got dragged out again for exercise. Got back from that, sat down for five minutes, then had to get up again to make dinner. I drank about three litres of milk in the process, before mother confiscated all the milk bottles. Anyway... ate dinner... somehow managed to taste far-lee gewd, I may be gaining some vague skills in cooking... watched Doctor Who, which was a rather shitey episode, but meh. Not enough of Rose and the Doctor. Meh. Creature Comforts twas amusing. The worm got abducted by aliens...
Watched the Iron Chef with Bridie, for some reason. The dubbing on that never ceases to amuse me. Well, nearly never. They don't actually pronounce any of the Japanese words right... heh.
Yes indeedy, now here I am being bored.
So anyway, that's the story of how my plan to spend the day in bed was spoiled. I figure I'll just be able to do it tomorrow. I just want to know if I actually have any reason to get out of bed when I'm not dragged by mother.

Anyways, time be now for the Caitlyn to be runningks away.
Bye bye, little acorns.

No comments: