Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Enlightenment in the Form of Yellow

The New OXFORD Treasury of Children's Poems says...

I meant to do my work today --
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand --
So what could I do but laugh and go?
[I Meant To Do My Work Today -
Richard le Gallienne]



Give me your name, and I wil...

Whisper it into the forests,
Spell it out in the sands,
I'll shout it over the thunder,
Breathe it away on the wind.
I'll spill it over the mountains,
Let it echo through the rain;
I'll sing it into a seashell,
If you'll give me your name.
[Give Me Your Name -
Judith Nicholls]



She's good at everything
And everybody says she is.

I'm good for nothing
And you keep on telling me.

I wish you'd sometimes say
I'm good at something.

It's not my fault I don't like
Anything she's good at.

Why do you keep on telling me
What everybody says?

Who is everybody anyway?
It's all your fault.
[Everybody -
John Mole]



Save me a clean stream, flowing
to unpolluted seas;

lend me the bare earth, growing
untamed flowers and trees.

May I share safe skies
when I wake, every day,

with birds and butterflies?
Grant me a space where I can play

with water, rocks, trees, and sand;
lend me forests, rivers, hills, and sea.

Keep me a place in this old land,
somewhere to grow, somewhere to be.
[A Green Prayer -
Jane Whittle]



"It wasn't your fault,
It was just the way
That things turned out
And I don't know why."

[from The Silence -
John Mole]





Mm... maths test this morning. May have mentioned my kick-ass studying technique of looking at the formulas required for the first time the night before the test.... didn't actually have too much trouble, pleasantly enough. Science was boring. Ice skating was pretty good. I have the most utterly sexy
rainbow socks evarr. Well, I sort of stole them off of mother, but that isn't the point... World Issues was meh. Photography was pretty damn awesome. Doing a great project with some pretty good quality photos. The panorama worked out well. Is all goodness.

Got home... internetted for hald an hour or so... and talkeded on teh phone for a few hours... mm... phone... =) Yay. Heheh. Anyway.
Talked to littlest siblings and let them listen to my music, as well as look through my awesomely awesome photos... but only the ones on the wall.
Became temporarily obsessed with a book of children's poems. Dinner'd, shower'd, scribbl'd.
And now I'm online. I was just gonna come online for a bit, blog, finish up game turns on some games I left unfinished earlier, see who was online, maybe talk if anyone interesting was online... yeah. But like, I found this page, full of colours, so that's keeping me entertained for a while. And although there is only one person online, I'm not feeling very talkative, and he's talking enough to be amusing.
Sigh. Tired. I'm gonna run out of things to do soon, and then I'll be off.
Tomorrow's pizza day. Awesomeity. I'm feeling pretty happy, even though I'm quite tired. Had a good day, good ice skating, good photography, good phone call... very good phone call... and like... good TV was on... funny TV... Mm, well... I went right ahead and ran out of things to do, like I said I would.
So, I'm off.
Nighty nights, little toadstools.

No comments: