Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Cheap Garden Hoses" or "Why I'm no longer allowed to sing in public"

Magpies aren't generally attractive birds, but a magpies stomach is rather cute.
In fact, most birds have quite adorable tummies...
I wish I had an adorable tummy...
But not with feathers on it, that would just be weird.

I've been putting off updating this cause I have so much to catch up on... But tis best to just bite the bullet (Dear God, that sounds like some awful, awful euphemism...) and update as best I can before my fingers fall off from typing too much.

Right!
So:

Noosa:
Trip up was fairly good. Long drives in my uncle's car are always soooo much less awful than long drives in either of our cars. For one thing, my uncle's car has waaaaaaaaay better speakers, and my brother isn't there to tell us to turn off the music, and my cousin and uncle had some pretty good CDs. I'll list some of the ones I remember later, but there was a lot of jazz and some random old music. But yes. Also lots of pie-eating for breakfast.
Noosa was great, the apartment was like, huge, and it had two balconies and there was a pool and spa and the bath had those funny little spa jet things in it and the shower had one of those awesome movable type shower heads, which are awesome cause they mean I can get shampoo and conditioner out of my hair without having to like, attack it.
I completely and utterly failed at a surfing lesson, which wasn't too cool, but hey.
I ate more instant noodles in a week than anybody should ever eat in a lifetime. (Yay!)
I saw soem random relatives I haven't seen in a while - both my mother's parents (Ilma and Bob), my aunt Fiona, her son Bruno (19 or summin like that), my mother's uncle Trevor, and her brother Craig.
Bob was slightly less awkward with the conversation than he was last time I saw him, and Bruno was a hell of a lot less awkward. Also he had a Terry Pratchett book which wins him BIG bonus points. I nearly cracked up laughing cause my little cousin Hamish was being sooo annoying to Bruno, which is exactly what I did when I was seven or eight. Poor Bruno. Ah well, I sort of made up for my annoyingness back then by distracting Hamish this time. Hamish has an obsession with Doctor Who, by the way.
The people I went up with were my mother's other sister's family - Adair, Nigel, Darcy (15) and Hamish (6 or something).
We had fish and chips one night, and Aunty Adair and Darcy both got haircuts, and we went out on a boat on Saturday morning, on the river in the vague direction of Towantin, or however the hell that's spelt.
But yes, Noosa was fairly awesome.
Which reminds me. Darcy says he wants to start a boy band called Fabulous Awesome Guys, or F.A.G. for short, and write love songs about almonds, lyrics about looking into people's retinas, and a song called "You Touched My Hair Gel, Now It's Over". Bahahah.

Anyway, music we listened to:
Arctic Monkeys
Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Queen
Frank Sinatra
Some Guy Called Billy Field I'd Never Heard Of Till A Week Ago
Um... who else...
Some random band... The Eagles, or summin.
Eric Clapton
That guy who sang American Pie... Don McClean, or summin.
Lou Reed
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
The Travelling Wilburys
And...
Whoever it is that sung Mack The Knife.
[Edit: I forgot two! First one being Doris Day, second one being the almost-most-important, Van Morrison. Because the Van Morrison song was Moondance, which is one of the most utterly awesome songs ever. Take Five is another of those awesome songs, but I have no idea who it's by. Cept my cousin can play it on clarinet. Sounds awesome.]

Anyway, that be the cool musicalness we heard on the way to and from Queensland.
Also! Anna tipped me off to this awesome band, Wilco, from whom I've only actually heard one song. But it was a damn good song. Tis called 'Jesus, Etc.'.

Anyway, that be the Noosa and musical side of things done.

Since I got back:

I got back to discover that we now have a 320GB external hard drive. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!! Squeal! And I hugged it :P
Also that I now have a mini-a-tcha fridge under my desk, which I'm planning to gradually stock with Coke and chocolate. So far I have a 2L bottle of Coke. Yay =)

Which brings me to my awesome shopping trip yesterday.
I caught the Woden bus, on which I found Toby, who decided to come with me while I went to get my Coke, so that was cool. We couldn't find Woolworths, so we ended up in Big W, where I got my 2L bottle of cola-y goodness. I had forty cents change, which I gave to Toby, so he had sixty cents total, and decided to go on a quest to find a single can of Black & Gold (Non-brand-name) soft drink. Which of course he couldn't find. But by the time he gave up on that idea, we'd found Woollies and were in the confectionery aisle, where we found the Holy Milky Way Banana Whip... ™.... So. Then we wandered out to the front of Woden so Toby could catch his bus, and we found Ethan, so the three of us sat around there for a while, before their bus came and I wandered off home. It was quite fun, really.

Anyway, this morning as I was walking to school, some little tiny child shouted "Ga!" as I walked past (As you do...), and when I turned around he hugged my legs. Adorableness! Slightly random, but very cute! So that had me smiling for the rest of the day.

But yes, offwards time, mother is stealing the computer.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was trying to put the lyrics to these songs into a collapsible list so they didn't all have to appear at once and make this post really long, but the html and javascript involved killed me. My toenails, the only surviving parts of me, are typing this.

Lyrics:

Arctic Monkeys:

- Mardy Bum
- Fake Tales of San Francisco
- When the Sun Goes Down

Four Seasons:

- Ragdoll
- Big Girls Don't Cry
- December 1963
- Who Loves You

Miscellaneous (stfu about the spelling. Gr...):

- Moondance - Van Morrison
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
- Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Doris Day

There, random lyrics. And the one I almost put up but ran out of time for is More - Frank Sinatra. If you want those lyrics, Google them.

Buh byes.

No comments: