Friday, April 06, 2007

zomg blog (Yay Lack of Capital Letters in My Title!)

If you don't like being confused, skip the first two paragraphs.

I have yummy orange cake and tea ^-^
Why do I have yummy orange cake and tea?
Because mother brought me yummy orange cake and tea from downstairs.
Why?
Why causal, why what? Why? Because she moved her arms and legs to carry the plate and cup and thus was propelled up the stairs.
But why-why. Why did she choose to bring me the tea and cake?
Because she wants me to eat, because she thinks I don't eat enough. Also because she wants to encourage me to do my theory of knowledge essay.
Why does she want me to do this essay?
Because she is a silly and wonderful mother who worries about me, and I should do this essay now.
First order desire is to write blogs, eat cake, and drink tea. Second order desire is to want to work. I want to want to work, but in reality I just want food and drink.

As you may be able to tell, doing theory of knowledge stuff messes with my head.
The questioning of the 'why's and 'because's is stuff about cause and effect and how it's approached from various angles. Biological view explains what muscles move to cause this or that to happen. Other views are along the lines of "because she wants to feed her daughter" and evolutionarily - "because she wants her children to survive and pass her genes on down" or, from a more nurturing perspective - "because she is a good mother".
It's all very silly.
That's why I like thinking...
The first/second order desire is free will stuff.
Free will is my current assignment's topic. I may post what I have so far underneath this blog, but after it. Usually the most recent post is at the top, so I'll have to post it afterwards but set the post time so that blogger thinks it was posted earlier, so that it appears underneath this post.
Anyway... the orange cake and tea are nice.

So the folk festival thing, yeah. I'm not sure what day I'm actually going now, because I have this assignment to do, and I'll either do the assignment today and early-ish tomorrow, and go on Monday, or do it today and Monday and go tomorrow. We decided (mother and I) against going today, because I want to go on the same day as Freya goes, and I can't go on more than one day (yay lack of money >.<), and Freya gets back from Queensland (along with Bridie, Connor and Dad) tonight, so. We can all go tomorrow, which should be fun. Or else on Monday. But y'know, they're always half-closed on the last day, which sucks. Anybody who's going, as I've said, poke me and say hi, it'd be cool to have someone else to talk to.

So yeah, I went for a walk with mum this morning (by morning I mean about one in the afternoon, but y'know, me and any-time-before-midday-on-a-non-school-day do not get along well). We wandered up round Oakey Hill... I don't know if I'm spelling that right... I've lived near-ish the base of that hill since I was two months old and I don't know how to spell it ^-^ Almost as bad as still not knowing my way around Woden. Pfft, I don't need to know my way around: I always go with people who know their way around, and I can just follow them. Anyway, went walking with mother this morning, and realised how much I missed exercise. I have, for the past couple of years, avoided exercise as much as at all possible. And, while I haven't got fat or anything, it really has made a difference to how I feel. Being lazy makes me feel lethargic, and it makes my mind sleepy. And then when I get up, I have too much energy and I get jittery and easily distracted. So a sleepy mind and short attention span are really not much fun. But after the DDR-ing yesterday and the walking today, I was reminded of how I used to feel after playing tennis or going running with Mum or Freya, or riding with Dad or the cousin-family. It's wonderful. It's better than caffeine. (Shock! I hear at least two people plotting my death for even suggesting that anything could be better than caffeine. One I know is likely to read this. Jess, don't kill me. (Pretty please)(... with a cherry on top)) It's the exact opposite of the feeling I get from being lazy - my body's tired but my mind's awake. Now, that makes it much, much easier to get work done, and much easier to get to sleep, and I generally feel better. So, I'm thinking maybe I could actually get outside and do some exercise these holidays, as opposed to lying in bed all day everyday, which is what I usually do in the holidays. Maybe go for a ride around the lake with Freya, or poke the family into heading over to the Yarralumla tennis courts. I dunno. I just need to get outside more often >.<

(Long blog! Oh, man, I haven't written a long blog in ages! Maybe it was the lack of exercise...)

My nana's staying with us for a while. I dunno how long. I don't even know how long she's in Canberra for, let alone how long she's actually spending with my family. She'll spend some time at Adair's, too (Adair is my mother's sister, in case I haven't mentioned that a bazillion times yet), so I dunno. Anyway, my nana is awesome. Have I already ranted about her in one of my long posts? I'm pretty sure I have. Click 'people' at the bottom of the post and see if anything about her comes up. Nana Ilma is great ^-^ I argue with her a lot, but I can also get on really, really well with her. What kind of person can you be mad at and adore at the same time? Well, she is very, very similar to me, but far more intelligent and wise, of course. And you know my obsession with grammar and spelling? Hers is worse. It's scary. We have too much in common to be able to get along all the time, but when we do, it's great.

Damnit, I've run out of tea.

Heh, it's funny, you know, other people's caffeine addictions. I don't drink coffee, and I don't even really drink coke anymore. I don't like coffee, and while I don't mind coke, I prefer lemonade or flavoured milk. And I refuse to drink something just for its caffeine content. Just like I refuse to drink alcohol purely to get drunk (So shush up, Misters Graham and Ryan). If it doesn't taste good, I'm not drinking it, damnit, and I don't like the tastes of most alcoholic drinks, so I don't drink them. I don't like the taste of coffee, so I don't drink it. Besides, can anyone imagine me full of caffeine? Does it seem like a bad idea? Yes, I thought so. Anybody who saw me on a milo-high last year will know. Bad, bad idea. Milo or pocky. Dangerous. Anyway, I was just reminded of caffeine by my tea. Tea has caffeine in it. I only drink it because it tastes good to me. And tea is the most caffeinated thing I drink ^-^

I just went downstairs to put my mug and plate in the sink, and was randomly thinking how strange the extent to which people are affected by smells is. That probably seems really random. But I have a freakishly good sense of smell. And there's some scientific thing about how smell is the sense most associated with memories. I can recognise people by the way they smell (in a good way. In a good way. Not saying that people smell bad, just smell), and when I went downstairs I got caught in a hug from Nana, and it was like... memories I have associated with nana's scent - her brushing my hair when I was about seven, going into year one, and mother was always a violent hair-brusher, because she was always in a hurry. With nana, she brushed all our hair, we'd sit on the floor in front of her chair and she'd be so, so gentle. My sisters and I used to fight over who got to have her hair brushed by nana, and who was doomed to have half her hair pulled out and several hair brushed broken by mother. I blame her for my tendency to pat people's hair. It's all her fault. ^-^ But yeah, other memories from nana's smell... hm... bouncing along the beach when I was really little, and running around nana trying to get her to skip with me, which she can't do cause of her messed up knees... a lot of memories of her coming and going at the airport. So the airport is associated with nana. Because she lives in Queensland, there's always a sort of special occasion sense to seeing her. All my grandparents live in Queensland, so I don't get to see them much =(

But yes, that I can recognise people by their smell is sort of amusing... I also recognise people by the way they stand, so I can recognise silhouettes pretty well, and I recognise feet because I sit on the floor so much, and don't like to look up at people, so I just watch their feet. I recognise voices really well, too. And the way in which people talk. Give me a block of text from anyone I talk to regularly, and I'll be able to work out who wrote it from mannerisms and habits of speech. Well, a block of text of the same sort that I usually get. Like, I couldn't recognise somebody's essays. People sound completely different in essays. Not that there's really sound in writing... but still... I'm pretty good with recognising handwriting, provided I see it often enough. I just can't tell the difference between mum's and Freya's sometimes... but like, I could recognise now Becky's, Jared's, or Madeleine's handwriting, because I saw it so much last year, even though I haven't seen them writing since... yeah, last year.
I recognise people and remember them easily ^-^ Which is sort of annoying... because I always remember people's names, and they never remember mine. I'm always 'so-and-so's friend', or, or, somebody's something, and it annoys me. I'm nobody's anything, really, I'm just me. But I quite like to belong to other people... it gives me a better sense of how I fit into things... and I'm... like... what's the opposite of possessiveness? Some people are possessive, I'm not un-possessive, I just like to be on the receiving end of it. It makes me feel wanted ^-^

But yeah... wow... long, long blog...
Does this make up for filling my blog with blogthings and blogthings only for the past month or so?
It better do.
It's your turn to update, Jess. Your blog needs updating, damnit! If you update your blog, I'll take back what I said about caffeeeeeine! *wheedle* Or Mel. You update your blog, too. Mel and Jess, update your blogs. Becky, you update yours too, if you haven't already. Anybody else with blogs, update your damn blogs! I have nothing to read ='(
Look at that sad face! You're making it cry!
Update!
Damnit.
^-^

I'm not really an angry person.
I just like to shout.
^-^

More random still:
I have the music from Mr. Men stuck in my head. You know, Mister Happy and Mister Dizzy and Mister Bump (He was blue and round and had a bandage around his head. Which was also his body. Did anyone else ever notice that the Mister Men had their body and head all in one?) and whatnot. There were Little Miss Sunshine and Little Miss Forgetful and all the other Little Misses, too (For a while I had a Little Miss Psycho MSN display picture. Happy little girl with a hat and a flower... and a knife...). But I noticed when I went downstairs before, on top of the TV was this old Mr. Men tape. And now I have the voice of the narrator of the cartoon stuck in my head, as well as the plodding, content sort of music that was the song... do do do do do do do do... do do do, do do do do, dooo...
I also have the word 'bizarre' stuck in my head.
My hair smells edible.
My ankle is itchy.
My mother is washing the stairs...
There is an awesome sunset over Woden Valley right now that I think I'll go watch.
I like sunsets...
I here the music from 'As Time Goes By' downstairs... I remember that show... I remember Keeping Up Appearances, too. Who remembers that? I remember all these shows I used to watch before I started school... midday TV...

Anyway, I'm off.
There will probably be a blog on Monday detailing (or vague-description-ing) my awesome weekend.
If not, you'll just have to imagine how much fun I had.
Mwa, mwa, toodles ^-^

(... wasn't Toodles a character in Peter Pan? Wasn't he the one who lost his marbles, literally?... I'll stop talking (eventually), don't worry ^-^ )

(Written: 5:41 pm Fri. 6th March. April, rather. >.> Ignore actual post-time)

3 comments:

Jonno said...

Caitlyn, that was too long to mention. My brain has broken down trying to compute the sheer volume of ramble you presented. The picture of a large spanner in some gears kept cropping up while trying to make my way through that post. None the less, it was an enjoyable and entertaining read, so free drinks all around.

Jonno.

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Caitlin said...

Sweet, free drinks and spanners!
And, thank you also person I don't know :)