Monday, April 09, 2007

... meow?

Right-o, my weekend:
Saturday was le awesome. The folk festival was freaking great, the band Doris especially, they were awesome. Their song Waltz of the Righteous Man in particular was good. Being a song about George Bush and with a chorus of "God knows he means it, God won't let him fall, God bless America... God help us all", it was sure to go down well with a folk festival crowd. Yay anti-Bush sentiments ^-^
Anyway, I went from there pretty much straight to ze party, which was, uh, interesting...
Well, certain people got totally drunk. As in, ninety percent of the alcohol was drunk by about twenty percent of the people. Which meant that through out the night there were such interesting events as three girls being sick into each others hair, and what sounded like a whale-giving-birth imitation from Hayley. I'm sorry, but that really is how she sounded. I have also never heard the phrase "I can walk on my own! *crash*" so often in one night before. But yeah. Also the what-appeared-to-be-a-nervous-breakdown-of-some-sort from Ryan was sort of scary. Scary in that it took two guys to hold onto him and stop him wandering off and getting lost in the bush or falling into a dam or something. That was just a tad stressful. But yeah... I actually got to bed reasonably early... I just didn't sleep much... heh... yeah... it was the mattress's fault. Darn small mattresses... And there was yummy food in the morning! Kim and Bailey-guy and Lachlan went home overnight, Kim cause she was bored with the drunk people, Bailey cause I dunno and Lachlan cause I-think-I-know-but-it-wouldn't-be-nice-to-say. But yes... yummy foodz! I'm not actually sure what it was, but it was nice, except for the burnt fried salt whatever it was. The nachos were good too. Wonderful healthy breakfast =)
Anyway, I got home, crashed, and slept till about four, and then headed back out to the folk festival. Which proceeded to be absolutely awesome ^-^ We saw a band of young people who were really, really good, and then there was... dun dun dun... the Beatles singalong! Which I missed last year and was really bummed about. But I saw it this year and it was awesome ^-^
I have videos and pics from it which I will upload at some stage and either post on my blog or just post the links to. So yeah, that was awesome, and the other awesome thing was that my sister saved me easter eggs from the easter egg hunt I missed.
But yeah... that was my weekend. Not very exciting, really, but definitely enjoyable. For me, anyway. Now I have some essay thing to do, the ToK one I mentioned before. Nerh.
Eurgh, my hair needs a wash...
Anyway, how was everyone's weekends? Spammerise my email/IM with accounts of your weekends, everyone.
Okies, I'm off. Mwa, mwa, you're all awesome. ^-^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

I...uh...got to play jazz.

Jonno

The Giraffe Chick said...

Who is Jonno.....Hi,,,,who ever you are! Sounds like fun.

Caitlin said...

Jazz = love. Becky, Jonnis is one of the awesome internet randoms I know.

Caitlin said...

Yeah, typing, I hate you to. That's meant to be 'Jonno is', not 'Jonnis is'... >.<

Caitlin said...

... Too. Not 'to'. I give up.

Jonno said...

So much post over the way my name is spelled. I'll lay on you, Jonathan Brittain. If I changed my last name to my Mother's maiden name, I'd have a wicked '70s street cop name. Jonathan Spencer. Told ya'

*cue wah guitar and lyrics about how I'll blow your arse away.