Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt your regular programming...

Firstly! Before the blog! Melissa, Bridie's friend, says she likes my style :P
A round of applause for my style, everybody! Hehehe.
Blog:

Another night, it's gonna be a long one...


I've found the flash drive I used to use to transfer long blogs from here to there (laptop to mac), SO voila. Instant long blog. Well, almost instant.
Hmm...
Well, everyone keeps asking how my Christmas shopping is going. Er... how's crap for an answer? I don't have any bloody money, how the hell am I supposed to buy presents... It's do frustrating, because Freya's gone and spent all her own money on presents for the rest of the family, and the way we normally do things is that mum and dad pay for say, ten dollar presents for each of the kids to give each other. Now Freya's gone and got everybody all sorts of things, and she's so excited about giving gifts, it's so sweet, and I can't get her anything good in return, because I have no money. Buying things for other people is the only reason I really want money, and therefore sort of need a job.
Blah... So basically mother bought a cheap plastic thing on behalf of Bridie and me to give to Freya, and I feel really bad because it's not good enough. And she's so excited about whatever it is she's getting/got me. She's all, "You're sooooo gonna love my prezzie for you!" and I'm all, "Ah, crap."
But yes... I also want to buy things for friends, and mother doesn't finance presents for anyone outside the family, and as I have no money at all, I just can't get gifts for people. Which sucks a lot.

Anyway, in other news...
Well yeah, my nana's staying with us for Christmas, which is pretty cool. My nana's awesome.
I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon
After all I knew it had to be something to do with you
I really don't mind what happens now and then
As long as you'll be my friend at the end

Anyway, ignoring my random 3 Doors Down outburst...
Yeah, nana is cool. She's great to talk to, she talks the exact way I wish I could. That is, enthusiastically but sensibly, well-thought out and involved arguments. And when I say 'arguments', I mean it in a debating/essay writing sort of way. Not that we don't argue; two similar minds will always find fault with each other. But damn, if we're both on the same side about something, we will talk for hours, and end up repeating ourselves without realising, because we just, bounce ideas off each other, and end up with these huge long spiels as to why we think what we do and why it's right, and like... very, very cool.
Nana is awesome. She's an incredibly intelligent woman. And she's not lost one ounce of that intelligence over the years. She's often surprisingly similar to me. Smart, sarcastic, stubborn, silly at random times, amongst other things. Man, I need to stop using words that start with 's'. =P But yes, we also both have a lot in common with my mother. Which means the three of us will have great conversations, but are also likely to argue over trivial things and not admit we're wrong.

We went to the National Gallery today. Not to see that Egyptian exhibit, we're too broke for that. Only, it's only $6 for me, cause I still count as a child (6-15). But it's $20 for mother, and we're that broke that we can't afford that. Anyway, we were wandering around, and mother and I started laughing madly about something, I can't even remember what it was now, and then nana joined in, and just... it's great, to be able to get along so well with my family. I know so many people who are constantly arguing and fighting with their parents, or who think their grandparents are boring, and I feel very lucky to have such a cool family. =)
But yes... we went to the member's lounge (immature sniggering goes here. Oh, man, my mind is perverted) and the mother and grandmother had coffee, and I had... dun dun dun... iced chocolate! I haven't had iced chocolate in so long... XD Tis so yummy! But yes. We got into the member's lounge cause nana's a member of the national gallery... club... thing... whatever it is.

Anyway.
My father was brushing my brother's hair this evening, and said, "You need to get your hair cut, little fellow. We both do." and Connor protested vehemently, saying he wanted to have his hair "like Uncle David's".
Weeeelll... My Uncle David's hair comes down to about fifteen centimetres below his shoulders. And then he's semi-bald on top -.-"
Presumably Connor was only talking about the long hair part of that. I'd encourage him, I think long hair is cute, but I really doubt it would suit him. Also, I think his hair is just the wrong type to grow like that. There are photos of dad when he wasn't so bald - not that he's amazingly bald now, but he's certainly thinning - and his hair, when he kept it longer (As was the fashion in those days... =P) was just sort of, shaggy. Instead of growing down, it grew out. And I suspect Connor's hair would do the same thing. Mother doesn't want him to have long hair, anyway.
Bah... long hair is superness. And very fun to mess up. Bwahahah ^-^
But yes. My aunt's three sons have all had long hair at some stage or other, and the youngest still has long hair now, but it's all, curly, type stuff, and just cuteliness, which wouldn't work in Connor's hair. That's Hamish, the little one with long hair. Darcy, the middle one, has had varying lengths of hair, but Darcy has that irritating air about him of being able to make anything stylish, so what he does with his hair doesn't matter. Angus, the oldest of those cousins, has reasonably short hair now, but it was long and curly and blond when he was little... we have photos to prove it! Embarrassing family photos! Bwahahahaha... but yes.

Wow.
I just wrote like, four paragraphs about hair.
My god I am lame ^-^
Hehe.

Anyway, Vanessa came over before. Vanessa is my neighbour, and she used to be my piano teacher, and I babysit for her a lot. She came bearing... large amounts of piano music!! The exact thing I've been whining about not having enough of for the past few months! Unfortunately, I already have most of it. But it should give me something to entertain myself with during the holidays. Which is good, because otherwise I'll just sleep all day.
Though I do plan to try to clean out my room at some stage. Mother says if I clean my room I can paint the walls... very cool. And when I say 'paint', I mean like, paint. With pictures. And I know exactly what I want to paint. I refuse to tell any of you, though, and if it goes ahead and succeeds, I shall take multitudes of photos and post them all up here.

Touch my tears
With your lips
Touch my world
With your fingertips


Mm, random interjection of sweet music... <3 =P

So much I
Wish I could
So many I
Wish I would
So much I
Wish I could
Count on you not to defeat me
Please don't turn away
Again
Please don't turn me in
To them
Please don't turn away
A friend
Please don't turn me in
To them


Storm In A Teacup is better, though. And 21st Century. Damn that song is awesome.

Anyways... I shall leave you with (Dun da daaaa):

Random lyrics to a song I don't particularly like and haven't heard in ages (because I usually skip it):

The winter here's cold
And bitter
It's chilled us to the bone
I haven't seen the sun in weeks
Too long too far from home
I feel just like I"m sinking
And I claw for a solid ground
Pulled down by the undertow
Never thought I could feel so low
In the lone darkness I feel like letting go
With all of the strength
All of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I can love you much better than this
It's better this way
I'd say
Haven't seen this place before
And everything we say and do
Hurts us all the more
Just that we've stayed
Too long
In the same old sickly skin
Pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
In the lone darkness I feel like letting go
With all of the strength
All of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I can love you much better than this
I know I can love you much better than this
It's better this way...


And while I'm listening to vaguely depressing music:

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere
Going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No espression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Vhildren waiting for he day they feel good
Happy birthday
Happy birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen
Sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me
No one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me
Look right through me
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Enlarging your world
Mad world


Off for now, tootles all!

No comments: