Sunday, February 25, 2007

Furry Sea Slug (Not A Euphemism)

Well, I spent the weekend and Broulee, and the only sand I touched was on the tennis court. And other than that, I didn't leave the house once. I sat around reading trashy novels and playing guitar instead ^-^ I can now play the chorus of American Pie by heart, as well as some random Spanish song and the funny little squeak notes from the beginning of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Well, when Adair booked the apartment thing, she was given a choice of 8 or 9. She chose 9. So we were settling in and watching TV when the owners of apartment 9 turned up. Apparently the real estate agents weren't actually meant to have rented it out. So the agent guy turned up, gave us the key to 8, grumbling all along, and said to go and see him in the morning, when he wasn't so grumpy. He said, "I was just about to go to bed, you know.". Well, so were we, and it would have been fine if you had given us the right freaking apartment in the first place. But we got a discount when it came to paying and he offered a discount next time we book through that agent, too. So.
Anyway, the children spent most of the time running to and from the shops, wasting money on lollies.
If it's possible for guitars to feel jealous, my poor guitar will have died of envy. Uncle Nigel has a new guitar, see, and was teaching me, and his guitar is amazing ^-^ It's it's it's beautiful, and the strings are soooo smooth, and it's so easy to press down the strings, and it sounds, so, so good, and and and it can work as an electric guitar as well as acoustic and and and mine is good, and all, but the strings, ow, pain. They're rough as anything and damn near impossible to hold down. It was just so much easier to play Nigel's. Anyway, as I'm back home my guitar is in use again, and my fingers have almost finished toughening up. They still get great ditches in them after I play for a while, but at least I can't really feel them anymore.
Anyway... nobody's online, and I'm feelink like retreating to my room and doing nothing.
Too-ra.

Oh, and the furry sea slug is this random wrist rest we got. It's all flobbity doowhatsy and squishy, but it's got this furry sort of skin stuff on it. It is not some sort of god-awful euphemism. Bleurgh... *shudders*

No comments: