Saturday, May 05, 2007

50 Decimal Places.

So... school. I'm V-grading ToK and English. Not going to enough classes. I told mother about it last night and survived. She coped remarkably well.
I'm going to have to talk to student services and see whether there is any way for me to save those subjects. ToK especially.

I dropped in an application for a job at the newsagency in Woden on Thursday, and got a call yesterday asking me to go in for an interview on Monday. Yay combination of excitement and nervousness. I might have a job! Shock! Money! Wow!

Jess' Fun Factory party was awesome ^-^
There were like, three pairs of fuzzy handcuffs and some kitten ears involved =P
Hehe, Iddle Jess-ums is only fifteen...

School yesterday was meh.
I went to maths like a good girl, which was a LOT of effort. Really. After not going to a lot of classes for a long time, forcing myself to go to maths was difficult, but I was one lesson away from V-grading, so... so I made myself go, and got lectured by the teacher almost to the point of tears. The maths that I missed out on by not going is (most horrible, fucked up coincidence of all possible coincidences) the year eleven version of the maths that I missed out on last year by not doing any work and not listening. So it's going to be damn near impossible for me to catch up, but hopefully I will be able to beg some help off someone.
Drama was pretty bland. We sat in a circle and watched people walk around, and then... shock, horror: took notes from the board! Apparently next double we go to Woden and stalk people. Sounds interesting...
I spent my line off sitting around with the other people who had line two off, and fighting for Ryan's shoelace, which Amy (awesome hippie girl from drama and ToK - have I mentioned her?) tried to help me steal, and which Lachlan came past and yoinked out of our hands, curse him.
Lunch was, uh, interesting. Discussions were had about kinkiness and killing - thank god, not in the same sentence - and general stuff that I can't remember was said. The usual stuff along the lines of "CRIPPLED FISH!" and "Awkward Silence Turtle! *mad leprechaun giggle*".
We played Sardines, which Jess does not know. Sardines is that game, right, where one person goes and hides, and then everyone goes to look for them. If you find the hide-er, you join them in their hiding space, and keep quiet. If you find the people who are hiding, you join them, until all but one person has found their way to the group of hide-ers. That last person to find them is the first person to hide in the next game. Our version was slightly different. It consisted of Ryan, Skye and me going and lying at the top of the stairs and calling randoms and hanging up. It wasn't as interesting as it sounds, but apparently seeing one head and several legs sticking up/out of the place we were lying in was amusing.
Psychology was another boring taking-notes lesson, but I think I'm almost V-grading psychology as well as maths, so I can't miss any more of them.

Bleurgh... I am thinking.
I am thinking about other people.
Other people and their lack of money, and how they can possibly be so stressed out about it, when they still have more money than my entire family put together.
And how maybe it's just a loss of freedom thing, to suddenly not have money to throw around. As Skye said when I was talking about jobs: jobs are money, and money is freedom.
I'm thinking about whether I understand or not. I want to understand, if I'm allowed to.
I'm thinking about why other people are thinking about certain things.
I'm wondering what other people are thinking about certain other things... namely, me.
I am thinking... in very general terms, so as not to let randoms know who of the people I know is thinking about what (people who know me well or know the people I'm talking about, may be able to guess. But not randoms, so all is good).
But basically, I am thinking.
I used to think all the time. Non-stop. And then I just, stopped thinking. And I hadn't thought, properly, about anything at all, since about halfway through year nine, maybe a little after. And I've been working to get myself thinking again, and suddenly here it all comes back, and I'm thinking all the time again. It is surprisingly good to feel my mind actually doing something with itself other than making origami snails and eating them (papier escargot!).
So, I am thinking.
Be proud of me.

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510

10 comments:

Belial said...

Now, strangely is seems to me that, even though you claim to have ceased the thinking for a period, there is still an staggering amount of cerebral assessment going on in there.. Never the less, I digress; Money is, certainly financial freedom, but the pursuit thereof is far from it (freedom), it is, in fact quite the opposite.. Money is the freedom of material gain, but you lack the gift of free thought in that hunt for materialistic gain (which is rich coming from me, but again, hardly the point)..
People think about you for the simple fact you have had an impact (be it negative or positive, the difference there is minimal) on them, and they pine, lament or languish over you and the impact you have had.. My 2 cents (probably worth less than that though).. Keep up the blogs, they are well articulated and, at the very least an entertaining read..

And though I shall likely regret this shortly here after, what is ToK? Theory of Knowledge?

Caitlin said...

Who on earth...
ToK is Theory of Knowledge, yes. Let it be known to anyone else who cares to read the comments on my blog that I have no idea who this person is. But they seem very clever.

Jonno said...

Money isn't what it's all about. Contentment with yourself and your surrounds is what's important. I know it sounds cliched, but it's true.

If I had no money but woke up happy and satisfied every morning, regardless of my situation, then I'd be successful. Know what I'm saying?
Don't place too much importance on financial status.

And again, goodluck with your job interview.

Belial said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belial said...

With the exception of my obvious and, now rather frustrating, typos (that are likely to keep me awake at night) which I failed to notice at… well whatever time it actually was.
On another note; I'm not altogether sure why a person would overtly detach (for the lack of a better term) oneself from another that made a comment on their blog… And while I am thinking about it, if you can actually recite Pi to the 50th decimal place, I am utterly impressed. If on the other hand you cannot, I’m probably thankful, for I struggle to the 5th… :)

And thanks, my day was better than average :)

Caitlin said...

I detach myself from strangers on my blog in case they turn out to be loonies. Then I can be all, "Yeah, I never really knew them.". I know that money isn't everything, which is why I'm finding it so hard to understand why one of my, uh, friends, is so majorly stressed out about it. Especially as he has plenty of money (in my opinion).

Belial said...

Right, I guess I will depend quite heavily on your philosophy and definition of a loony then… But in all fairness, I’m (at the very least) rather random, though as a great man once said; “Great wits are sure to madness near allied - And thin partitions do their bounds divide”.
Your friend is quite probably obsessed with money since it is a driving force for him, as it is for me. It is one of the few things in my otherwise routine existence that presents opportunities and luxuries that are, in all other circumstances, unobtainable. Once the accumulation begins, it sparks a spiral (whether you see it as an upward or downward spiral would again depend on your perspective; perhaps it is a lateral movement?). But it seems to me that in either case, once begun the corkscrew will likely never cease…
Hope your day was better than mine... (I'm praying for no typo's)

Jonno said...

Belial, I must compliment you on your superb elocution.

Money has never really been a thing for me. I've never really had a lot so I learned to get by with out it. Now that I have it, I rarely spend it . Saving for a house deposit, suckers.

Caitlin said...

I've never really had money, so it's never been a huge part of my life. But having occasionally had small amounts of money for short periods of time, I do understand that thrill of having money to spend on whatever you want. But I have heard from a lot of people of the 'spiral' (they call it 'downward') of having money. A few of them have mentioned that whilst money is freedom, work is slavery, and having money at one's fingertips is addictive. And addiction is far from freedom.

Belial said...

I was born into a comfortable existence, but was never handed anything on a platter - as a result I was constantly surrounded by quality, however, I was never really permitted any of those luxuries without justification. Thus I developed the attitude of one whose yearns for the finer things in life, but knows it is a challenge to get them. (Or am I simply bored and greedy?) There is little doubt in my mind, that it would be far more difficult to lack financial security than to be a slave to it... I feel that the stresses would be far greater. For myself, the spiral has been tumultuous, and often pointless (though, many pursuits are) sometimes spending far faster than it arrives - of course, that is the manic in me, and *that* is another topic entirely.

Random.